Tuesday 16 January 2024

N1553 The Ploughman

A medium to large size suburban/shopping centre pub with a huge catchment area - the next pub East is in Malahide -  the Ploughman meets the expectations for this type of pub. Well, it actually exceeded mine.

I was heading here for food before a work event - nowhere nearby, but nearly on a direct bus route and allowed me to get food somewhere other than the party venue. This food was delivered to me quicker than any meal in any pub has ever been before - even Wetherspoons, where you are only limited by the speed of the microwave.

I suspect they were cooking large volumes due to the number of parties on that night; but what was brought out to me was freshly prepared. I ordered, went to wash my hands and had my meal on my table within a minute of returning. It was a smashburger and fries, a relatively quick thing to cook; but even then you are usually left waiting a bit longer.

The food itself met expectations and the floor staff were in sufficient numbers to deal with the large enough crowd effectively and professionally. 

My table was beside the wall of upcoming music posters, showing that they had booked two of the biggest names on the Dublin pub music scene (Laurie Hartz and James Brown) for two of the bigger nights of the year (26th and 27th December); so clearly the entertainment offering is important here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment