Thursday 9 November 2023

N0181 The 1884

Ever since this pub rebranded (from Graingers) a few years ago, it has caused some commentary online about allegedly arbitrary rules and exclusion of customers based on those rules. What a place to pick for my 700th pub, on a rolling register count basis (and arguably invalid as I have a visit in hand, waiting for it to appear on the sodding register).

I walked right in, not falling foul of the rules posted right outside the pub, which are more detailed than you often see but not *that* arbitrary. You don't see many pubs specify how big they consider a group to be, but nearly every pub will reject groups at times.

I was able to enter, obtain a drink, and leave of my own volition - but as I was on my own, not wearing a tracksuit and only wishing I was still vaguely near 20 I was unlikely to come to the attention of the staff.

Pub's nice enough inside, if you get in. Pint was fine, atmosphere fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment