Tuesday 21 November 2023

1006937 Noosh Cafe Bar / Zaytoon

Including this as being part of my Shopping Centre Series is a bit of a cheat - you have to walk through an apartment block to get here. But The Beacon is The Beacon, and I'm considering it part of the retail offering here.

So - what would you expect when Ireland's most famous kebab shop chain (who serve only halal food) takes over an empty, Celtic Tiger era pub in an outer suburban shopping centre? I don't think "retain a pub as an important part of the premises" is going to be top of the list, but that is what has happened here.

Zaytoon operate from the ground floor of this.... interesting looking copper-roofed structure, which was once simply known as Copper Bar; but the basement is now operated as the Noosh Cafe Bar.



Noosh opens at 5pm every day, something I forgot to check before visiting. However, with some free tables in the restaurant, there was no issue in having the staff descend in to the depths and obtain me a pint - I may have had trouble had the restaurant been closer to full as I doubt they would have turned on the basement lights for me hours before normal operating times.

I didn't really experience the actual pub here by any means, but this isn't the easiest place to get to give a return visit a go - and I have had a drink on the premises. That'll do for a tick.

No comments:

Post a Comment