Sunday 12 November 2023

N0148 Meaghers

This pub got somehow missed when cleaning up this area when I worked nearby, as also happened to my next visit. But I've got them now.

I was not expecting this pub to be quite so huge. When I visited, the front bar was out of action but the vast, vast lounge out the back was open. And serving about four customers. 

I imagine that match day traffic - Croke, Tolka and maybe even Parnell Park; gigs, and the increased traffic to Clontarf on summer days could fill out the lounge. Indeed, amongst the greebling on the walls was an old CIE poster advertising travel for matches



Ended up having a good and rather rambling chat with one of those four customers, and even that rarest of rare things when out ticking - a second pint. Although I went to the clearly moving Guinness, as it seemed none of the others were drinking Smithwicks and it tasted a tad the worse for (non?)wear as a result

No comments:

Post a Comment