Monday 16 October 2023

S1523 Frehill Tavern

I think I need a new article tag for when I mention never really liking people standing in the doorway of pubs when I approach. But that isn't my only odd problem with pub doors - I don't like having to open the door (or the outer door) myself. Not in a "I want a doorman" way - the not liking people standing in the way would make that impossible; but in a "this isn't very inviting" way. I'm used to an outer door of a draught lobby being open at the least.

Frehills had the outer door closed, but I went inside anyway. Inside I was treated to cheap-ish Beamish in beer nerd pleasingly ancient glassware (2005 I think) and attentive bar staff. However, I was on a deadline for a bus and needed food, which the chipper next door supplied, so didn't stay for long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment