Tuesday 3 October 2023

Ridiculously Late Review: N1994 The Grand Social

I noticed when writing up my September revisited pubs list that I had no page for The Grand Social. Which is odd as I have definitely drunk there during the lifetime of the blog.

Checking my notes on other visits, it would appear to have been March 2017, so this is all of 6.5 years late and I don't remember anything at all about downstairs - I dropped in before going to The Yarn in the Woollen Mills next door. So, erm... I presume it was fine cause I have no strong memories of it at all

My revisit was to the upstairs, accessed from the rear stairs, for an after party after a gig in The Academy. Its a good venue for this sort of thing, being separated from the main bar and capable of having seperate DJs playing.

I had previously attempted to drink here further 13+ years prior to that 2017 visit, having been refused at the door of Pravda, as-was, due to not having ID. That would have qualified it for my occasional RetroReview series, that I haven't updated since pubs reopened after the pandemic, but as I've basically written up the entire Northside it would at least have been written!

No comments:

Post a Comment