Thursday 12 October 2023

S1483 The Horse Shoe

This was a rather odd visit to a pub. It was initially odd in that it didn't appear that I was going in to a pub - it is completely buried behind a coffee shop, with a Guinness sign above the only obvious hint of what lies within. 

Additionally, a helpful local confirmed the way in to the pub to me, as apparently people do get lost a lot - albeit more of them are looking for the restaurant upstairs, which has moved from being above the long, long closed S1427 The Hub across the road in recent times.

Inside the pub, I felt as if I'd walked in to a pub somewhere on Merseyside, both from the huge contingent of Liverpool jersey wearing punters and the marginally unusual bar service, particularly when they didn't like the place I'd found to perch (I suspect I was somewhat too large to not be in the way of the bar staff, admittedly). 

The match may have brought in a lot of the custom, but plenty were also there for the daytime karaoke. As well as this being an odder thing itself, my non realisation of it being karaoke just added to it -  I actually assumed the first person taking part was a professional pub singer dressed down (Liverpool kit - not what you'd expect a pub singer to wear) for the occasion; but the second one made me knock my pint and run with an exceptional level of caterwauling.

No comments:

Post a Comment