Monday 26 June 2023

S0314 The Queens

The second of my sort of royal visits of the weekend, The Queens was promoted heavily as the first victim of lockdown, with the then owners announcing in June 2020 that they would not be reopening.

But the pub changed hands, and is still open. Or else I'd be writing up drinking a can inside a closed down bar, something I have yet to have to reduce myself to. Yet. 

Despite a tortuously long wait at a quiet bar, otherwise this pub quite impressed me. Its huge, so there was plenty of space inside - but there is also a very nice outdoor area; which is where I parked myself in the sun.

There is a venue space upstairs, with the minor political nerdery occurrence of two TD family musicians advertised as playing in the days after I visited - Mundy (brother of Olwyn Enright) and David Kitt (son of Tom Kitt). 

No comments:

Post a Comment