Monday 5 June 2023

S0303 Finnegans

Approaching this pub, with every seat outside taken on a nicely warm day, I assumed inside would be comparatively empty, with people preferring to imbibe in the sun.

It wasn't.

However, I was able to find a perch inside, finally ticking off the last pub on the list - well, not my list. The list of Victorian Pubs that goes around, lifted from the back of the Pub Life & Lore book, features just one pub that is significantly outside the city - Finnegans - and I'd been to all the other ones by this stage (S0003 Toners being the second last, in Summer 2021).

Like a number of the other pubs on this list, don't expect a TV-free Victorian experience here. There's loads of them, showing a GAA match involving two counties I didn't care to remember during my visit. However, the presence of a local-ish beer on the taps - Wicklow Wolf Elevation, which we will encounter *a lot* during this trip - might have been the case in the Victorian era.

No comments:

Post a Comment