Sunday 18 June 2023

S0280 Kings Inn

So my trip to Dalkey coincided with the weekend that the man who wishes he was a sanitary product got appointed to his job for life. And aptly Dalkey has both a Kings and a Queens pub, which I visited the day after the big event

The Kings Inn is the most traditionally pub-like of the Dalkey pubs; and the only one - at that time - to have no craft taps. I'm fairly sure I've seen a brewery mentioning that they have a line in here now in the weeks since. It was also comparatively very quiet, continuing the up and down trend we've seen so far here.

I sat in here and finished my paper before heading off. This was the first pub of the day where I didn't have to scrabble for a place to sit, or rely on table service, and as such felt much more at home here than in the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment