Tuesday 9 May 2023

S0079 Harold House

A friendly, traditional local Dub pub. Although it is a tad odd to have the regulars recommending another pub to you while you're drinking somewhere.

There was a musician performing here when I arrived, and I possibly sat a tad close to them for someone who wasn't actually there to listen to them - but this is what lead to the conversation with the table beside me. 

What could have been misinterpreted as an inquisition (more of this in a later review, albeit its just more snark on the idea of it) about why I was there - but was actually just interest at seeing someone new - lead to showing a table of regulars the Google Maps overlay version of my map on my phone, and confirming which other nearby pubs I had or hadn't been to.

This resulted in some confusion, as I was being told how great "the cafe bar" is. I had no idea what this was, and their description of location wasn't fantastic... but when going to get dinner in Pinheads afterwards (a third time this has happened on a pub-bagging trip), I noticed that S1437 Leonards Corner has "Cafe Bar" on its facade; and is somewhat close to the inaccurate description of location I was being given - yes, people with a few pints taken may find it hard to communicate "up and across the road" to someone else with a few pints taken!

Pint was reasonably cheap, from memory; and dropped to the table after ordering at the bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment