Wednesday 31 May 2023

1018129 The Wren

Did I really need to visit this new hotel licence, seeing as I had been at many nights in the predecessor venue, the stripped out shell of a theatre that had a fairly short life? ALT/Hangar had a licence (1009202), but it was a theatre licence - and The Wren has a hotel publicans licence.

Also, it ended up being quite easy to get in to the bar, with the bar being directly accessible from the street, albeit it is underground. So I decided I did need to visit - had it been impractical to get in I might have decided not! Its my list, after all.

The barman was quite willing to tell me the times that they are open for outside drinkers - even though it was many hours before the closing time - as they are very willing to have outside drinkers in; but you may be slightly surprised by the drinks offering. As there's no taps. And its quite expensive.

Another oddity is that there is a single combined gents and accessible toilet, meaning that there will be queues if there's a lot of outside drinkers in - hotel residents might be tempted to go back to use their own bathroom I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment