Monday 15 May 2023

N0315 Fowlers

A nice suburban pub with multiple distinct areas, but the prices, oh the prices...

The pedestrianised New Street looks fantastic in good weather, and needs to be protected from SUV drivers who want a shortcut; but I opted for an inside seat - sunburn from the summer of outdoor dining did enough damage and I didn't think to slather myself in sunscreen before leaving the house.

The interior of the pub is very nicely decorated; and their Instagram still boasts about winning a design award in 2012 - I'd suspect there's been more than a few quid spent since then. 

However, after the price shock of Duffys for the previous pint, I was only vaguely expecting to have to shell out even more here. However, I did. This was never going to be a cheap ticking trip, but I didn't expect it to be that expensive!


No comments:

Post a Comment