Tuesday 15 November 2022

S0293 Conways

Every so often, there's a pub where the first impressions make me think it'd be perfect as my local. 

Its always somewhere I simply cannot afford to live, though. Blackrock is probably the most out of my league so far.

Conways joins S0194 The Hill (the prior incarnation - I can't say whether it would still have the same impression) and N0250 The Villager in this club. The house right next door to The Villager has been for sale in the past few years, and I did consider it...

This is quite a traditional pub, albeit with a few craft taps, and does feel maybe a little out of place in Blackrock these days. A fire, some curated books to read if you're having a quiet one, and some old Irish breweryana on the walls

One slight thing to note here is a recurrent trend to the lower rated reviews on Google/Tripadvisor/etc here; nothing I saw there on the night I visited however.

No comments:

Post a Comment