Wednesday 30 November 2022

S0295 Jack O'Rourkes

This pub had one of the most substantial number of different Irish craft brewery taps that I've seen outside of a dedicated craft bar - five taps with the only brewery duplication being a Larkins tap and also Curious Society Atlantic 353 tap - a Larkins sub-brand.

The pub was relatively busy, but I was able to find myself a corner table in the front area, which meant I had space to get food. A quite traditional pub food menu is on offer, and I went for a very traditional option even from what was there - soup and a sandwich. Which was nice.

Its quite a large pub, and the toilets (surreally) make a claim to fame - the place in whcih the idea of Rock Shandy was invented!



Second pub in a row that I'd be very happy to come back to, frequently, based on a first visit. Must. Stop. Liking. Pubs. In. Towns. I. Can't. Afford.

No comments:

Post a Comment