Tuesday 28 May 2019

N0176 The Watermill

Regular readers (there's at least two!) of the blog will know that I get somewhat annoyed when someone swipes my seat when I'm in the toilets. It's happened again. This pub was the least generally objectionable place for it to happen in, though.

A standard suburban pub in a row of shops likely dating to the 1950s, this was the pub in the film adaptation of The Snapper, which you can watch basically every weekend on Virgin 1 for the past few years. Like many of those pubs, its relatively narrow and surprisingly long once you get inside; with no real division in to a bar-and-lounge format.

Quite a lot of similar pubs to this don't do food; but there's a significant focus on food and particularly steak here; and this is probably the reason my seat was taken - it was a decent table to sit and eat at, rather than perching at the bar. I had been considering ordering food but decided to move on instead, now that I had nowhere to sit; so for the bars sake hopefully the seat-thieves did actually eat something

No comments:

Post a Comment