Monday 1 April 2019

S0105 Kavanaghs (New Street)

This is diagonally opposite Peader Browns of the previous post, however as far as I know it is still the original building - the only one along this section of road which was significantly widened in the 1980s and 1990s.

This is quite a traditional inner suburban pub, relatively similar to Peadar Browns in that regard. However, its a larger premises and was slightly quieter as a result. Its a bit hard to figure out how to write something even semi-unique about pubs which are fundamentally quite similar; something I hadn't really thought of as an issue ~250 pubs ago when I decided to write up each one.

It was here that I found out that the "Samsung" phone charger I'd bought in a shop down the road was a complete dud - there were no obvious sockets available in other pubs. Probably expecting too much for a fiver!

No comments:

Post a Comment