Friday 11 January 2019

Planning permission trawl

I did a planning permission trawl this evening - I did the same about this time least but forgot to write about it - which turned up a few things of interest outside the city centre but still within scope. This was the three Dublin County Councils - I check the City planning a lot more frequently as far more changes happen

Coupled with some local Facebook group digging and hitting the relatively fresh Google Streetview images I've managed to get status updates on a few pubs as well as end up with some more questions.

1001214 The Traders in Walkinstown is now definitely closed and possibly even demolished by this stage - the intent is to reopen the pub in a new apartment and retail development on the site. There was an extensive derelict site adjacent here.

In Skerries, I found out that Dg0493 Raff's On The Corner closed in December 2017 and I can't track if anything has opened since. Additionally, Dg0496 The Black Raven across the road has active planning permission to convert to residential housing, but I'm not sure if this closed. Skerries is going to require at least two trips to visit all the pubs there, even with some closures over the past few years, so I might have to just go and do the first soon.

Permission was applied for, and then refused, to convert the long-closed S3982 O'Donohues on Blackrock Main Street to a cafe over the summer. I believe it still lies empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment