Sunday 13 January 2019

N0147 The Ivy House

This was an angry blue pin in a sea of green in the area on my secondary map - the one I use to decide where to go for pints, rather than my historic map. I'd drunk in every pub and hotel bar in this area but had not yet visited here. My partner, however, has been here frequently - but this isn't a collaborative effort, not yet anyway.

The pub is split it two by the bar - I think you can possibly go between the two sides internally, but I'm not sure. One side is the more youth oriented Ivy and the other is the more older regulars styled Patrick McCarthys. But they are one pub with one licence so I don't have to visit both separately.

The Ivy has a mixed range of conventional macro and craft beers on offer. There is a DJ box on the stairs, but no dancefloor - and the positioning of the DJ box is rather odd as when you go up the stairs there are toilets and nothing else. It seems to be targetting a student crowd from the DCU Drumcondra/St Pats Campus across the road, but as its the middle of the exams it wasn't massively busy from that source.

No comments:

Post a Comment