Monday 24 July 2023

N1058 The 79 Inn

Another large pub, and another pub with quite a nice interior - this one showing a few signs of the wear and tear of time; albeit perfectly clean and presentable (a recent post on the pubs Instagram is showing the work of a power washer firm on their beer garden tiles, so I imagine this is something they are proud of)

This post is now 7 weeks on from when I visited, so I'm not 100% certain on this; but I believe this is where I found a Beamish tap, with the pint dropped to my table when ready. Due to specifics of bus times to get me home, and not at all because I'd found a nice pint, I had a second here. There was food on offer, but on the recomendation of my brother - a former Ballyfermot resident - I went to the chipper the other side of the former cinema / now discount store.

Said food offering here used to be advertised by a memorable sign (I remembered it from driving past), swiped from a 2009 Streetview pass below:

Carvery Now Reopened Under Old Management

We must assume it had a positive reputation, and had closed for another reason such as the general economic malaise of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment