Thursday 11 August 2022

S0166 Ryans Sandymount House

An afternoons pubs, catching the Brighton game and swapping at half time, with more after was what I had planned. Irish Rail intervened to ensure I missed much of the first half, and as Pascal Groß scored his first while I was ordering my first, I decided that I may have found a Lucky Pub, and decided not to move for the rest of the match.

Brighton won 2-1, so that may have been a good judgement. And it was a good pub - nice and traditional, with cheap (4.60. In Sandymount!) pints of Beamish, and a barman that remembers your order immediately

I think, but can't be sure, there wasn't much in the way of variety on the taps; but that isn't uncommon for this type of pub. 

A relatively old pub, this used to be Michael Heelans, but as with anywhere outside of the pre-30s Dublin City boundaries, I've less info on the pubs history than would otherwise be available.

No comments:

Post a Comment