Sunday 21 August 2022

S0159 Vintage Inn

Shortly after sitting down with my pint, I heard two men at the bar trying to remember a specific pub. My exceptionally specific time to shine! Or not...

Heading over and pulling the map out on my phone lead to no pin for the bar they remember. I suspect it may have been a hotel bar that either has slipped through my grasp or didn't have a public licence, and have put it on my list for further research.

There's some inaccurate artwork on the walls here, but we can let that slip

That notwithstanding, its a nice pub to while away some time in. For reading material, there was a stack of the local Newsfour freesheet, the website of which sometimes turns up an interesting history tidbit, and the book reviews in that issue gave me the obvious present for my Dublin born and raised mother (she doesn't read this, so I won't be ruining next weeks gift!)

No comments:

Post a Comment