Wednesday 31 August 2022

S0157 The Oarsman

Popped in here, ordered a pint, and then queried their food offering - which the wonders of the internet had assured me they did do. Well, that time on that Sunday, they didn't for whatever reason. Oh well, there's three more pubs in Ringsend Village, surely one of those does? 

Well, rather than continue this thread across all the reviews, they all don't right now - one is closed; and the chipper was closed too, although it should have been open by then. A Tesco sandwich kept me going instead.

Anyway, back to the pub. A nice traditional type pub with a nautical theme - this is a bit of a common thread in Ringsend. I noticed one of the problems of a seaside property that I know all too well - a bit of a smell of damp - in the basement. Like my own seaside property, it was mixed with the smell of the fresh paint oft required to mask the visual problems it comes with!

I used to work a quick walk across the Eastlink from Ringsend, but never really thought to ever drink there - and that's not out of any misgivings about safety or anything, just forgetfulness really. The convenience of 1015426 Rubys even closer was probably a major factor too. This would probably have gone on my regulars list if I had popped over, with a nice atmosphere and reasonable prices compared to most of D4, or the IFSC end of D1.

No comments:

Post a Comment