Thursday 3 March 2022

N2070 The Carpenter

The storm had returned sufficiently by the time the bus arrive at the Carpenter that I had to bail in the first door that I could see to be open. This was the main bar, which was quite busy and a little bit... malodorous. Damp coats and the like, a smell that two years of outdoor dining, winter closures, 2m spacing and so on has mostly robbed from my memory.

Still, its a decent bar and they had Beamish on the go - with some exceptionally retro glassware. I suspect from some of the likes this got on Instagram/Twitter that it was mistaken for a Guinness glass of the same age, which would generally be even rarer!


My order was remembered for the second pint, possibly just because I'm about half the age of the average Beamish drinker, but which is still good going in a busy bar.

There was a lot more pub in the building, which I didn't see - my time here becoming limited by needing to dash through snow back to the bus stop with as little wait time as possible for a bus.  

No comments:

Post a Comment