Friday 11 March 2022

N1633 Kavanaghs of Castleknock

I'd suggest this might be a good place to be should nuclear weapons be used in the current conflict - as it appears to be constructed out of lead. Perfectly normal phone signal outside drops to basically nothing inside; an there isn't any wifi either. 

This is absolutely fine for going to a pub normally, forces conversation and the like, but I was still trying to sort out whether my replacement flight was going to make it the next day (it did, my run-down of Dungloe's pubs has long since been put up here) and needed email and so on to check this. I also had to go outside to check the train times to head home!

Assuming you are going to a pub for conviviality, and not to drink while on your phone; this place is perfect. Tempting as it was to join in a conversation about bathroom fitting - I need to get a new one in a few months - I decided to take my leave for the train once I'd figured out that one was definitely coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment