Thursday 23 September 2021

N0008 Mullets

This was an odd one to have missed for so long, seeing as I got all of its neighbours by 2019 and most of them much earlier; being near my current office and my former office, and near the train station I use to get home. But for whatever reason, I'd never dropped in, and a gap on a weekday evening provided the perfect opportunity to fix that - and fill an obvious glaring gap in my personal completion map.

At the time of my visit, the bar was being manned by a single, attentive, barman - which did cause a slight delay waiting outside as requested. Cert checked, details taken and pint order received before being directed to sit down - regulations are being followed to the letter here.

This is a very traditional inner-city locals pub, with the quite common for the area hunger striker and 70s IRA commemorative photographs in one corner, with Liverpool FC and Dublin GAA flags and memorabilia decorating the rest of the pub.

As is quite common right now with reduced footfall and limited capacity, there weren't a lot of taps on, which guided me to Guinness. I'm not a full-time Guinness drinker, so won't go in to trying to give a detailed rating as others may - but the pints were fine and relatively cheap at a fiver flat. 

This pub was, at one point, a branch of the Booze2Go off-licence chain which operated entirely from fully licenced pubs; but it reopened using its former name. The physical bar looks very 70s, so presumably some of the fabric of the pub survived its life as an offo.

No comments:

Post a Comment