Thursday 9 September 2021

1017594 Keavan's Port

Ugh.

I'm really not a fan of Wetherspoons, but I've got my remit here, so a new pub needs to be visited. And while their number of pubs in Dublin is going to continue going up - there are already two more in the pipeline now (one I won't have to visit - I was there in its old incarnation); they have just placed their Blackrock pub up for sale (that DublinLive post is just a paraphrasing of the Daft ad, but the Daft ad will likely fall off the internet before the DublinLive one does), so maybe there will be a ceiling on how many someone else doing the same in future will have to visit.

I'd previously identified the Blanchardstown outlet as the least worst 'spoons in Dublin; but I'm going to replace that with here - if you get one of the sort-of snugs to the front of the pub. The main body of the pub was quite busy, but these rooms - which are in the old buildings on Camden Street - were quiet the entire time. You will need to use the app during the current no bar service era, as staff do not check here often.

Wetherspoons do have their place - but that place for me is in England; as a clean pub to get a mediocre meal and some cheap cask ale the day of or after a match or a gig. The cask wasn't on offer in Keavans Port, but others have got some so it depends on when you go there.

I'm fairly sure I won't be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment