Monday 9 November 2020

RetroReviews: S0115 The Bankers

This pub is amongst my favourites - a small pub in the city centre where you've got a decent chance of getting a seat, and which has good food and something beyond the standard 8 taps that smaller premises sometimes have.

My first visit here was probably before an Olympia gig, due to Brogans being full, but I've been back many times since.

One notable occasion was when I was invited along to a stag party for someone I didn't know - I did know one of the other members of the group and they wanted a tour guide for the afternoon. Having rescued them from Buskers and relieved them of the orange wigs they'd bought in Carrolls; The Bankers provided a table for food as it always seems to be able to do - despite the city being very busy.

I eventually extracted them to move on to another pub when the best man appeared to be falling in love with the waitress - unrequitedly, I suspect - and they didn't really feel like leaving him there to make an idiot of himself when they could instead all make idiots of themselves collectively somewhere.

The Bankers made more use of its outdoor seating on to Dame Lane for outdoor dining (when that was allowed), and hopefully this continues when weather and regulations are suitable.

No comments:

Post a Comment