Thursday 17 September 2020

RetroReviews: S0009 Doyles

This vast premises used to be two distinct pubs - and could end up swallowing a third in time - so has quite a few distinct spaces within it, and some differences in crowds as a result. Trinity students make up much of the audience in all parts of the pub, though.

In ordinary times, I've never seen Doyles even vaguely quiet - so I've usually gone on somewhere else - but I've still been in quite a few times both pre- and post-July 2016 when I started writing up new visits.

Probably the most memorable visit was when I had to convince an English stag party - I had worked with one of them so got asked to tag along - that they were not going to get in to S3794 Lapello with leprechaun wigs - or, in one case, tracksuit bottoms - on. 

The tracksuit wearer then returned from the adjacent hostel they were staying in wearing a full suit plus waistcoat. He was designated to go to the door of Lapello first while I headed off home!

No comments:

Post a Comment