Thursday 2 January 2020

S3416 Camden Court Hotel

Most readers of this blog would be familiar with the concept of a "tasting flight", generally a selection of 4 or more small servings of beers you may not have had before; with a variance of styles and tastes.

The Camden Court offers such an experience to its patrons - except its three half-pints. And they're Guinness, Smithwicks and Harp.

There are only a handful of premises outside of Northern Ireland and Louth still serving Harp at all, and this is a very odd way to try foist it on people. Diageo - or possibly pre-merger Guinness even - did market this combo as "Three Beers Strong" at some point in the 80s and 90s but I haven't seen it pushed as such for a very long time

Anyway, I didn't go for the tasting flight. I did go for a very off-tasting pint of Chieftain; and had to move seats after the fluorescent lights above my head started flickering at a very perceptible level. Just go to the Bleeding Horse next door instead.

Edit: I forgot to mention that this was my 550th pub, going on my current-count system. Basically I use a running spreadsheet of pubs that are on the licence register / haven't been explicitly removed yet. In reality I've been to about 20 more, and pubs come and go which is why there may not be precisely 49 different pubs between each x50/x00.

No comments:

Post a Comment