Saturday 25 January 2020

S0084 The Norseman

This is the last pub in Temple Bar for me today (there are still pubs further beyond, but I've been to them all); and it wins the Least Worst Pub In Temple Bar Award. However, I feel that's actually being quite unfair on it - its better than Least Worst, or at least was today. There was nothing wrong with it.

It wasn't full of tourists in orange wigs, it wasn't playing terrible music. It doesn't charge absolutely insane prices. Comfortable seating was available. The toilets had a functioning hand dryer. Its a small hotel these days and you would need to keep the place sane for guests, which might be part of it.

The pub is part of The Smith Group, who also run S0064 Auld Dubliner further back in the Temple Bar madness, and this visit completes that small chain for me. Having recently finished the Bodytonic chain, I feel a post coming on about the various current chains in Dublin - I wrote up the two big defunct ones some time ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment