Saturday 4 March 2017

S0291 Dark Horse

Another Blackrock pub and another Galway Bay Brewery bar - this one the most different of all I've been to yet.

Much more food focused, with an off-licence attached and a small selection of macro beers on tap (all their Dublin bars outside the canals do this, I believe). Has obvious regulars and things you expect to see in a local - the leaderboard for a last man standing was in the bar. I think it had TVs - something some other GBB bars only have during very major sporting events - Brew Docks TV was removed again after Ireland went out of Euro 2016!

Galway Bay used to have 4 bars in Galway and 4 in Dublin at one stage but now have 2 in Galway and a whopping 9 in Dublin, all somewhat different. As with the others, this premises was already a bar - the Avoca - which had closed.

Grabbing a pint here gets me somewhat closer to finishing the chain - I imagine I'll get to all GBB premises before I finish the set of Wetherspoons, Mercantile or Louis Fitzgerald pubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment