Tuesday, 15 September 2026

Revisit 22 years on: 1011804 The Bridge 1859

I last visited this pub about three weeks before my 18th birthday, and as I'm now approaching my 40th; that makes this the first 22 year revisit writeup. 

And quite possibly the last, as there's only one other 2005 and a handful of 2006's on my list, with nothing from 2007 and three from 2008 making up the entire rest of the more than 18 years since last visit category right now; and I don't think it'll take til 2030 to get those revisited.

I don't remember much of Bellamys, as it was back then, other than I was served here - during the Young Scientist exhibition in the very nearby RDS at that. While I imagine it has calmed down since, with the general decline in youth drinking, back then at least the Young Scientist had a bit of a reputation for underage drinking at the evening events!
 
In the defence of the no longer existing operators in 2004, I have been over six foot tall since I was 13, and had full bleached blond hair at the time, which may both have dissuaded them from thinking that I could possibly be a school student.

I can't say I'm a massive fan of the current pub - it just isn't the sort of place I'd go to regularly; being a suburban rugby pub in a suburb I will never afford to live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment