Monday 8 July 2024

RetroReview: S0201 Bleeding Horse

The eventual outcomes of the nights started here could fill a book - a particularly boring book, with one or two exceptions, but a book nonetheless. As this is where I generally started any nights out in S3032 Tripod (part of the Pod complex); which was the main venue for "big" trance nights in mid-late 00s Dublin; most of which I attended.

Like a lot of frequent visit pubs, this means a fairly short writeup - one thing I do remember is trying and failing to convince a friend from Belfast that the large backlit "paintings" of Arthur Guinness with wooden frames up in a few places in the pub were actually sideways mounted flat screen TVs (they were) and that occasionally, the "painting" would wink at you (it would) - I wasn't vindicated until the next time I met her and she revealed that she'd seen one somewhere else since.

Ah, to be young again...

No comments:

Post a Comment