Monday 12 February 2024

S4239 FX Buckley Monkstown / Franks Bar

After the last pub being too busy for food, I headed up to the bar of a pub-licensed, reknowned steakhouse, thinking that I might get some food there.

It was too busy to even ask - maybe I should actually ask, and I might get fed. But anyway, there were clearly no tables downstairs.

It wasn't too busy, however, to get the last seat at the bar counter of the upstairs bar - Franks - and get a pint of their house ale, brewed by O'Haras in Carlow and delivered in a dimple mug. 

In two decades of drinking, including frequently in the UK, I have never actually been given a dimple mug before, so I briefly lived my inner Bullseye winning dreams - I'll gamble the Commodore 64 and the set of matching luggage for the speedboat, Jim - and drank up.

The bars name, Franks, references the FX of FX Buckleys - Francis Xavier. There is also a Xaviers Bar in their Pembroke Street branch, but this does not have a pub licence.

No comments:

Post a Comment