Friday 25 August 2023

S0242 The 108

Another case of completing a list that isn't my list (my previous was getting to the last Victorian Pub from Kevin Kearns list) - this is the final Galway Bay / BrĂº Hospitality pub in Dublin that I had yet to visit; and I had also been to a handful more when they ran them (or before, in the case of N0097 Beerhouse which became Paddle & Peel / Taco Libre).

Like their other, now all former, suburban GBB pubs; there are a few more concessions to being a locals pub here - a few macro taps - well, a few more than the other pubs as they appear to all sell Guinness now - and TVs. There's also no direct food offering, with a local pizza place offering to-table service that I'd hazard a guess started in the €9 Substantial Meal days if it wasn't there before.

There's still plenty of craft on offer, and there's still boardgames; so you won't feel too out of place if you've just jumped off the bus from another GBB pub. I'd be quite happy to have this as a local, maybe a bit more if it had the normal GBB burgers too.

2 comments:

  1. The Black Sheep doesn't have a Guinness tap yet, I think. You have to make do with MadrĂ­ if you can't be doing with that craft shite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always thought that's what the Fischers taps were for *ducks*

      Delete