Monday 4 October 2021

DG0500 Joe Mays

Out to the Harbour for my next pint, as Google was telling me everywhere in the town was still shut - and they all looked it too. Two pubs were open out in the Harbour, but one wasn't doing drinks without food and I didn't want to commit to having lunch right away.

So on to Joe Mays - a lovely little traditional seaside pub with a compact bar and larger lounge in the side by side layout; and the food menu consisting of one type of soup and one type of toastie. Which I had, and was perfectly satisfied by.

Despite being very traditional, the drinks menu here was probably the most interesting, with multiple Irish craft products split across the three sets of taps. 

The barwoman here appeared to know everyone in the bar - except me - by name, but I'd imagine visitor business is huge here on weekends. There are three, with formerly a fourth, pubs practically in a row, out here, so the business must be there to sustain them in normal times.

The weather which had been very favourable decided to take a significant turn for the worst while I was in here, and while atmospheric to see driving rain out the window of a seaside pub; it isn't ideal when on foot!

No comments:

Post a Comment