Thursday 19 March 2020

N1118 Halfway House

This prominent pub has a Northside licence number - and so does the current closed N1119 Long Mile Inn across the road. I have no idea why, as nothing else nearby does - and its far from the most out of place N series pub, that being in Tallaght. Some day I'll find the person in Revenue - or a Revenue retiree - that knows why.

On my visit here, I popped in to the bar only - the pub itself is quite large and I presume does a decent food trade given that it has a sizeable carpark, a rare occurrence this close to the city centre. The carpark itself is actually across the road, something more often seen in rural roadside pubs like the Strawberry Hall or the Blue Light than in suburbia.

My visit here was made rather more humorous by overhearing what I presume to be the local Walter Mitty, regaling tales of military nonsense to a mate; not one bit of it vaguely accurate - but it is possible there are actually Defence Forces recruits that badly informed of their own employer, of course. There appeared to be an in-pub bookie in a corner, that relatively rarely sighted thing that may now not survive the lack of things to bet upon in the next few weeks.

Surburban pubs make recommendations difficult - I won't be passing here again realistically - but I'd see no reason not to drop in here.

No comments:

Post a Comment