Tuesday 10 December 2019

N0307 The Pound

This is the third pub in a row with a negative writeup - I didn't plan this, they just happened to get visited in this order!

There was an extensive boil water notice affecting a substantial area of and around Dublin recently - well, two of them actually. One thing you could not do with unboiled water was make ice; as this doesn't kill bacteria and they'll still be there.

The barman in The Pound was fully aware of this, but probably not aware that I could hear him (how I don't know - the bar isn't big) when discussing with other customers that they were just asking people if they wanted ice and assuming they knew it was made with unboiled water. I initially assumed they were actually telling people it was unboiled, but a customer who entered after me and asked for ice wasn't told.


If you're going to be that dodgy with food safety, maybe don't talk about it that loudly!

No comments:

Post a Comment