Monday 14 October 2019

1011267 Zozimus

One of the limited number of pubs in Dublin named after someone who isn't the owner or a former owner - Publin did a feature on these that strangely missed this one out - this pub is Built For Instagram. Or at least the outside of it is - having covered the end of Annes Lane with umbrellas in a manner that should be easy for anyone to photograph well. I didn't - I was trying to catch the rear entrances to the Dawson Street pubs that are now all opening out here; and the weather was abysmal.

The bar is table service driven, which is an absolutely turn off for me. I imagine this is to try best allocate seating for food, which is a core part of the offering here - and has been given both abysmal and glowing reviews by different reviewers. I'd already eaten.

The drinks menu pushes cocktails above all else; and the draught taps are unlabelled - meaning you do have to resort to the menu or ask the staff just to find out what pints are available.

This just isn't my kind of pub, basically.

No comments:

Post a Comment