Friday 17 August 2018

1001412 Bord Gais Energy Theatre

The first premises I've covered where I didn't have to pay for a pint all night - but its not blogger freebies (50 Twitter followers and 1 RSS subscriber doesn't attract anything), but related to working in broadcasting.

Bord Gais Energy Rewards had a media 'pub quiz' last night in the Club section of the BGE Theatre. We came joint second by one point, annoyingly. 

The Club is a small enough room on the 5th floor of the theatre, above the auditorium and with a small outdoor area which I actually forgot to go in to - I don't think it overlooks Grand Canal Dock but rather Macken Street which isn't quite as interesting a view!

Heineken have the supply contract here, but the range of taps was even smaller than normal - no Tiger, so just Heineken or Murphys on draught. This may just be in the Club, though. 

I'll be here for a gig or show at some point, its pretty inevitable, so I will see more than one small room - but any part of the licenced premises counts for the stats.

No comments:

Post a Comment