Tuesday 20 February 2018

S3953 JK Stoutmans

I'm a little behind in posting updates, so please don't assume all the next lot were done on one day - they're actually across the entirety of February!

This is a recently re-opened pub on James Street which has a fairly lengthy history - recently a long closure after a decent period of being opened as The Tram. Longer ago, there were actually two unconnected premises side by side here.

The larger lounge area was hosting a Christening afters when I visited, and while it may have been open to the public, I decided to visit the bar instead. This is a fairly traditional Dublin bar, with the addition of a few rarer taps and a ceiling covered in framed photographs - ranging from what I presume are regulars through to newspaper front pages of momentous events

It was the day of an Ireland rugby game and there were no seats available, so I took my leave at half time in search of somewhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment