Friday 14 October 2022

1011186 Hynes

I had worried that this would be a meme-pub, considering how much was made at the time of their re-opening of this having been the local of Paddy Losty, "the Pintman" of recent internet lore fame. 

Despite having a large mural dedicated to the faux mythology built up about Paddy, the pub is otherwise quite sensible. On the night of my visit, there was a table quiz going on which, as far as I could tell, was free. I had intent to do more pubs so we didn't hang around for it. The decor is very normal, modernised traditional Dublin pub.

There's a good range of drinks on tap, and a weekly first pint discount should you order as gaelige - unfortunately the day of the week was wrong for any discount on my dhá pionta Scraggy Bay, le do thoil.

A younger crowd frequents this place than the other bars in the area, which I'm sure the memeification has not hampered; but the balance of the old and the modern should be attractive to younger drinkers anyway - or so I'd hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment