Tuesday 24 May 2022

S3249 Herbert Park Hotel

I'd always somehow thought this was a 5* hotel, and that it would be rather unapproachable to just wander in and get a pint in. 

It isn't (it markets itself as "luxury 4*") and it isn't - you can walk in to the bar without passing reception.

The bar itself is exceptionally limited, having the now common Heineken Ireland lineup - albeit a very small subset of what some pubs do - with a Guinness tap on the end. I'm no Guinness rater, I don't put much in to the mythology of Guinness, and the Leinster game the previous day probably ran many a keg through the lines, but the pint was at the top end of what I'd expect from a hotel bar



The food was also good, albeit not the type of menu I was expecting - being very conventional pub food. There is another restaurant here open for evening service.

No comments:

Post a Comment