Wednesday 14 October 2020

RetroReviews: S0094 Bruxelles

Amongst the times I've been here, I landed in late on the night of Ireland's second grand slam win in 2009 - via the last bus in and a taxi from the bus depot, as they only ran to there that late back then. I'm not quite sure how I got past the door staff either, come to think of it.

Bruxelles is quite a lot older than many people used to its image as an indie/rock bar would imagine - both in its current incarnation, which dates from the 1970s, and in general - having opened in the 1880s. Prior to its current setup, it was The Grafton Mooney, a branch of the JG Mooney chain, and before that again it was the Zodiac Lounge - which explains some of the odder astrological decor which remains in places.

I've been here a fair few times, which always causes a shorter review than a single visit

No comments:

Post a Comment