Monday 30 September 2019

S1586 Jacobs

A village-style local in the growing suburb of Saggart, Jacobs had a small cohort of locals in the bar when I visited; all on first-name terms with the staff and assisting them in decorating the room for the All Ireland Final (the first go at it anyway) the next day.

Everything was nice enough until I walked in to a haze of smoke in the toilets - someone who wasn't in the bar earlier was drunk enough that they thought they were in the smoking area, having turned right rather than left. This was early afternoon but they were in a state that suggested it had to be a roll-over from the night before; and certainly in no fit state to be served again. I had finished my pint and was leaving when I saw them approaching the bar - but I wasn't there to see if they were served.

There is a lounge area here also; but it was closed for a private event when I visited so I didn't even stick my head in.




No comments:

Post a Comment