Monday 4 February 2019

N1984 The Lord Lucan

The last of my driver-assisted pubs, this was a swapout for the Wrens Nest which I had vaguely hoped might have opened for the rugby. It didn't - I shall return on some Sunday either with another wangled driver or for a single whiskey under my own steam. So we went here, which is not a particularly easy bus journey to organise from where I live and with nothing else around it to justiy the trip.

Situated some distance south of Lucan village, in the shopping centre for Finnstown, this is an absolutely vast single story warehouse of a pub. Its like most generic suburban pubs, but about four times larger.

It also has square toilets - well, cubic.

If you live in the area, there's little else around but also nothing wrong with the pub. If you don't live in the area there's really no reason to go here. There's a DHL collection locker in the Spar a few doors up which is more of a draw!

No comments:

Post a Comment