Tuesday 23 October 2018

S1434 57 The Headline

This relatively large suburban craft beer bar was formerly Thomas Keogh's - as the now covered by a neighbouring building ghost sign showed until quite recently - but as traded as a variant of The Headline for quite some time. A recent-ish addition is a specialty gin bar in the basement, which I thought was actually called Thomas Keogh's on the menus, but doesn't have that name on the website at least.

There's an extensive food menu here, but I was hoping on getting a cancellation in either Bastible or the Clanbrassil House so I didn't try anything. I didn't get a seat in either and ended up in Pinheads Pizza instead, which was probably equal or superior in terms of cost to quality anyway!

1 comment:

  1. There's nothing in the basement but the toilets. The gin bar is upstairs and I think it's called "Upstairs at 57". "Thomas Keogh's Wine Vaults" is the inscription on the SCR side which they uncovered last year while redecorating. They printed it on the wine list but I don't think they're actually calling part of the pub that.

    ReplyDelete