Sunday 23 October 2016

N1068 Slatterys

I had slight trepidation going in to Slatterys on Capel Street, as my older brother still occasionally tells a tale of the condition of the toilets here when attending a gig upstairs in the 1990s. It has changed quite a lot since then and the toilets are fine.

Making claims - everywhere, from signs outside to the receipts - about having the best pint of Guinness in the city I decided to get a Smithwicks instead. I don't think I can judge Guinness objectively enough to tell if the claim is true or not!

This is one of the few remaining early houses - capable of opening at 7am Monday through Saturday. This is due to its proximity to the wholesale fruit and vegetable markets where, in the past at least, there were large numbers of staff who would be finishing work early in the morning. I was there much closer to 7pm although I do intend to visit at least some of the early houses during the early period - its an oddity that I don't want to miss lest a future government remove them as was tried in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment